Sunday, November 25, 2007

ender's end

Quick! I need to have Ender's Game read by Thursday for book club and I'm only 40 pages in. What should I be talking about? Who should they cast for the movie (my only sure vote is Chuck Norris should be Mazer Rackham)? What was the main theme? What was your favorite part? What's happening on the front cover?

The only thing I really remember from reading it before was that Ender totally messed up some kid in the showers. I also remember that most of the kids had weird names and that the weapons they use are called "little doctors." I remember also about how they trapped Achilles in some vent, but I think that may be some other book. The last chapter is called "Speaker for the Dead" I think.

Here's a link to my biggest celebrity online meeting.

5 comments:

Rhett said...

Answers:

- Quick talking and start reading
- Movie? What movie? This book is to a movie like Axl Rose is to Chinese Democracy.
- Theme? Dude... this isn't English class. Enjoy it.
- My favorite part is when Ender is studying vids trying to learn from the Buggers and no one can figure what he is doing. One kid even comments "are some of these from the same battle?" Smartest kids in the world and he is above and beyond them.
Most people will say their favorite part is the battle room. Its because we all want to play in it. Like a 3D paintball game.
- No one knows whats on the front cover. Supposedly its where they train the kids, but it doesn't look like the "big wheel" in the sky as described in the book.
- Yes they had weird names because they were all foreigners.
- The main weapon at the end that the ships have are called "little doctors".
- Achilles was in Ender's Shadow.
- The last chapter is called "Speaker for the Dead".

Now get reading!

Charlotta-love said...

All I remember is that Ender was like 5 and he was the hero for the world.

Maker said...

You can borrow my Ender's Game book on tape. Should get you up to speed quick. You do need a cassette player though. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Jon, Jon, Jon. Whatever am I going to do with you. Too bad you can't be like George Costanza and just watch the movie. :-)

Anonymous said...

Axl Rose is the Chinese Diplomat??

I too remember the shower scene. It was one of the few times I could imagine naked men fighting in a shower and not get into trouble. But that fact that they were minors will.

I like time spent on his terminal. The battle he had between himself and killing with out choice. everyone admired him but him.