Thursday, November 01, 2007

lost in utica

The Office has come full circle for me.

I've mentioned it a little to friends over the past couple of weeks, but tonight's episode really did it. I am officially uncomfortable when I watch the show. I think tonight really did it because I think for the first time, I've felt really horrendously awkward on behalf of Jim. That time when he cried in front of Pam doesn't count. He was quite dignified. But Jim is usually the rock, y'know? Arrgh. Brilliant, but burdensome.

Karen was cuter than I remember. Pam has been exceptionally cute this season, but I thought Karen really had an edge tonight. I'm betting in three episodes, Jim and Pam will fall apart because Jim doesn't take her art seriously enough.

We all have our little finer things. One of my finer things is to get a car air-freshener that specifically is not a pine tree.

This post may seem pretty frivolous, but I'm going to see if I can put in an entry for every day in November.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I haven't watched The Office for quite some time now, but I did catch the last 30 seconds of it tonight...just in time to watch another incredibly annoying preview for the ensuing ER episode...Those previews are always like, "You MUST NOT miss tonight's ER or else you'll DIE!" And I'm very happy to read that you're going to attempt a daily post this month. I know you can do it Jon!

Laura Lee said...

That's funny Monica, I was actually thinking the same thing about ER. They keep trying to do something every week "never seen on television before". Who knew people were still watching that show.

Good luck on the daily posts Jon. It's my goal to have that be my goal someday.

Maria said...

I'll have to watch it tonight! The last 30 seconds (I was with Monica last night) were funny even though I had no clue what was happening.