Saturday, November 17, 2007

free food friday!

Here's a photo of my free meal from P.F. Chang's last week.
Yeah, that's right. I mentioned that Maria was out of town so I figured it was a good time to get Chinese food. She's good to go with me to Chinese places, but I like the food way more than she does. Of course, she actually loves P.F. Chang's, so maybe I don't even know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I got some lo mein surprise and kung pao chicken. I don't know why I got the kung pao since a week earlier I went to Pei Wei and got it there and didn't like it so much. For some reason I totally forgot that Pei Wei and P.F. Chang's is like the same place. Anyway, this being a solo thing, I went ahead and got it as a take-out order, calling in advance. I parked in the ten minute service zone. When I went in and they said they didn't have the order or a record for the order I panicked (I tend to get parking tickets). All was alleviated, however, when they apologized and said the meal was on the house. This was Friday.

Perhaps a real good way to get free food is to go into P.F. Chang's and loudly complain about some lost order.

Anyway, that story isn't worth mentioning much.

BUT -- yesterday Maria, Joe and I met up with Rhett and some of his people at IHOP in Orem directly after our impromptu Evanescence concert (yeah, I had no idea I was going either), AND for some reason our check was lost. Joe explained it as probably being "comped out" by the boss of our server (Valerie), because we came later. I don't really know what that means. It's server talk and I've never ever had a job where I've handled money. We got a free split decision breakfast with two extra eggs all served over medium (but they were kind of on the over easy side) plus strawberry banana French toast.

The point is, I get free food every Friday.

1 comment:

Rhett said...

You realize that I've been mentioned by name in 3 of your last 4 posts?