Friday, November 02, 2007

i never thought i'd become a pod person

The above is the current Extralife strip. Scott Johnson, who does Extralife, also does a podcast of which I'm a regular listener to. I listen to another podcast from The U.K. called The Definitive Word. Strangely, that podcast subject for today is actually euthanasia.

Just about every week I have that Truman Show moment where I get the feeling that whatever high-tech organization that is controlling my life slips up a little bit and throws some strange coincidences into my life. I mean, how often do we talk about euthanasia? Maybe I just listen to way too many podcasts. I drive a lot, ok?

The Definitive Word mentioned a guy named Harold Shipman. Have you ever heard of him? You probably have. Will Tristram and Mike Dawson (the hosts) weren't sure if Americans had or not so they briefly explained. Apparently this guy euthanized probably over 200 people against their will in England. This was like at the turn of the century or so (and by turn of the century, I mean the most recent turn -- y'know the turn of the millenium). When I passed by the tv at work the two stories CNN was covering were a breakdown of Britney's monthly expenses and a little boy who got off the bus at the wrong time and wound up six miles from home. I almost went into the news business you know. I figured I wasn't serious enough for it. I suppose I was wrong. In all fairness though, I hardly ever watch CNN or any other news really. Game shows are pretty much the most non-fictional items I view on tv. I'll bet that if I watched CNN a few years ago, I'd know exactly who Harold Shipman is (or was -- he actually euthanized himself with a bedsheet in prison).

While I'm talking about podcasts, Rhett, remind me to show you the Attack of the Show podcast where they go over the Halo 3 forge. It's pretty psycho.

Anybody else listen to podcasts? They're free. That's pretty much why they've replaced new music for me.

This blog entry has been brought to you by:

Myextralife.com
The Definitive Word
The Truman Show
Attack of the Show!
Halo 3
The United Kingdom
Harold Shipman
and
J.R. Fillmore's November movie of the month! -- Vote now! This is definitely the most important movie of the month yet!

3 comments:

J.R. said...

Thanks for the plug. If you don't vote you'll be sorry. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But someday and for the rest of your life.

J.R. said...

Nothing to do with your post but you need to know about this: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=3312
What do you think? I should be excited but instead I'm really nervous.

joN. said...

yes, i actually did hear about the lost boys sequel! i'm sure it's gonna suck real bad, but you better believe i'm going to watch it.