Thursday, November 29, 2007

post 199

I should really get new socks.

I think when I listen to my iPod in my black ninja hoodie, an electrical current travels into my ear buds and causes static brain damage.

I spell it 'hoodie' instead of 'hoody' because Wikipedia redirects to 'hoodie,' and a Google search seems to bring up more entries on the latter.

I have a lingering question about Ender's Game. Ender's "relationship" with Alai -- what's up with that?

Today was a good day, because I got to the Ds on my iPod continual play. That meant three hours of Depeche Mode in albumnal order. Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra and Violator right in a row.

Songs of Faith and Devotion is totally the best Depeche Mode album.

Tonight I slightly helped Monica move. I know exactly where she's moving to. If anybody who commented on her blog who is dying to know where she's moving to, I'll let you know before she says. Five bucks.

Maria wants to read The Giver. Any good?

I've found a new list of books to read -- the list of shared Hugo and Nebula award winners. 1984-1986 were some very good years of science fiction. Neuromancer, Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead all won both awards three years in a row. They're also three of my very favorite books of all time.

I'm disappointed that, as of this moment, Elf is winning in the polls for the December Movie of the Month. This can't happen. I don't want White Christmas to win either. Bing Crosby sings way too drunk.

Another Ender's game question. Ender's "relationship" with Valentine -- what's up with that?

The best thing about Google Analytics is how this blog is discovered by googling. Six people discovered the blog by googling 'listen to beverly clock chime.' one guy found us by googling 'ditka "lord's prayer." My movie commentary site has far better hitting search words, but less people find it. Oh, well. Niche.

I think I'll always be niche. It's a good excuse to have mediocre content.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I finished The Giver. You can borrow it if enough people convince you it is worth reading.

Laura Lee said...

I really liked The Giver. I read it a couple times. But that was a long time ago. But still, I'll see or hear things that remind me of something I read in that book. Like last night's discussion on Ender's Game.